Torre Balldovina, Santa Coloma de Gramenet museum
Be part of the history and culture of Santa Coloma de Gramenet and visit its museum “Balldovina Tower”. It is located in Plaça Pau Casals, 1.5 km from your rental apartment in BeCorp · Santa Coloma de Gramenet. Free access!
The goal of the Torre Balldovina Museum is to conserve, investigate and disseminate the cultural, monumental and natural heritage of Santa Coloma de Gramenet. To do this, they collaborate with public and private entities that help to recover the collective memory of the society.
The museum has different collections:
- History collection: with Iberian archeological materials from the town of Puig Castellar and the settlement of Can Calvet. You can also discover medieval and modern materials from Molí d’en Ribé and Mas Fonollar.
- Natural sciences collection: a large and diverse collection of local and foreign specimens from the different branches of the natural sciences.
- Plastic arts collection: it was inaugurated in the 80s and is dedicated to the programming of temporary exhibitions of paintings, sculptures and photographs.
In addition, it has a documentary collection that includes the Historical Archive, the Archive of images and audiovisual, a local newspaper library, a specialized library and different materials bequeathed by individuals.
The museum offers all citizens different services such as a shop with museum products, a bookstore, transfer of spaces for associations and entities, attention to consultations, study advice …
And not only that, in Torre de Balldovina you will find an agenda of activities for all types of audiences and interests. You can check the calendar here.
When can you visit the museum?
- From Tuesday to Saturday, from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturdays, Sundays and holidays, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- July: Tuesday to Saturday, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Closed: January 1 and 6, from April 15 to 22, May 1, June 10, September 11 and 24, December 25 and 26, every Monday, Sunday in July and August.
Take a bath of culture and history near your rental home in BeCorp · Santa Coloma de Gramenet. What will you learn again today?