The cookies or storage device and data recovery and terminal equipment is a file sent by a web page to the user’s browser and stored automatically in the user’s terminal so that the web page in question can consult the user’s previous activity and “recognize him”.
Cookies can remember other types of personal information, such as a user’s password, so you do not have to retype it each time you visit the same site, or your preferences regarding the configuration of a web page (language, resolution of screen, among others).
Cookies are essential for the functioning of the internet, providing innumerable advantages in the provision of interactive services, facilitating navigation and usability of the web. Cookies can not damage your computer and being activated helps identify and resolve errors.
In short, a cookie is nothing more than a succession of navigation data that is stored on the user’s computer and that web pages detect and recognize to “remember” that navigation.
– Own cookies or “of origin”: These are those that are sent to the user’s computer from a computer or domain managed by the owner of the page.
– Session Cookies: They are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page and expire at the end of the session. The information obtained through these cookies is used to analyze traffic patterns on the web. In the long run, this allows to provide a better experience to improve the content and facilitate its use.
– Permanent cookies: They are a type of decookies in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie. They are used, generally, to facilitate the different services offered by the web pages.
– Third-party cookies, such as those used by social networks, or external content supplements.
– Analytical cookies are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked.
– Cookies behavioral advertising are those that store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows developing a profile to show personalized advertising.
Additional guarantees – Management of cookies:
All Internet browsers allow you to limit the behavior of a cookie or disable cookies within the settings or browser options. The steps to do it are different for each browser, being able to find instructions in the help menu of your browser.
Many browsers allow you to activate a private mode through which cookies are always deleted after the visit. Depending on the browser, this private mode may have different names. Below you can find a list of the most common browsers with a link to the cookie settings and the different names of this “private mode”: